Chicken Korma Recipe
Chicken Korma Recipe, a classic mild curry dish cooked with either coconut milk or cream, use this authentic chicken korma recipe to cook a delicious curry.
Chicken Korma is a mild and creamy chicken main course preparation cooked in a freshly grinded paste of onion, ginger and garlic along and cream. Crushed cardamoms and cumin seeds add an entirely new level of aroma to the dish. Not only it is favoured by all children but is also relished by all age groups. Follow our easy chicken korma recipe below, a simple, easy to cook and a perfect Chicken Korma dish on the menu for those special guests at home! Serve hot and enjoy with some Jeera (cumin) rice or hot chapattis.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Chicken Korma Ingredients:
- 1 large onion + 2 large onions finely sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons Cooking Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 table spoon dried coconut
- 4 tsp (30g) Mr Huda’s Universal Curry paste
- 1 Ground Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Fenugreek
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Whole Green Cardamoms, peeled and crushed
- 675g chicken or other meat cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ cup – 1 cup yogurt
Chicken Korma Cooking Directions:
- Heat half of the oil in a pan and sliced onions. Fry till golden brown. Remove the chilies and drain the excess oil from onions and keep them aside.
- Grind the ginger, garlic and remaining onions to a fine paste with help of some water.
- Take a deep vessel and heat the remaining oil in it. Add the onion-ginger-garlic paste and fry it, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the coconut, Cumin, Ground Cloves, Ground Ginger, Coriander and Ground Fenugreek and stir well to combine.
- Add the chicken pieces and mix them well.
- Stir in the yogurt along with fried onions,Turmeric Powder, and some salt. Give it a stir and add the crushed cardamoms.
- Add the coconut, sugar and the cream and bring to boil then leave to gently simmer (moderate heat) for further 5-10 mins (stirring occasionally) or or until the chicken is cooked and the desired texture (add more water if you prefer more sauce or cook on higher heat slightly longer with lid semi opened for thicker sauce).
- Cook it covered for 10-15 minutes till the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Keep adding some water and yogurt, if the curry starts to look dry.
- Once cooking is over add the butter or ghee, stir and leave the Chicken Korma to settle for 10-15 mins before serving and garnish with a little cream on top.
Cooking Tips (Easy Chicken Korma recipe):
- Garnish with some chopped Coriander just before serving.
- Add a tablespoon of thick cream over the whole dish to enhance the presentation.
- Add a teaspoon of roasted Ground Cumin Powder along with other spices. It will upgrade the flavours and aroma of the Chicken Korma.
- If you prefer the Korma dish to be milder or coconutier simply adjust the cream and coconut milk/cream.