Britain's favourite Indian dish,Chicken Tikka Masala
is UK’s most popular Indian Curry, also known as CTM: grilled chicken in a rich tomato sauce.
This recipe uses ready-made tikka masala curry powder
, marinate the chicken in yogurt and spices and serve it in a rich creamy tomato sauce.
Surprisingly easy to do. The chicken can be prepared in advance and left to marinate longer than the stated time. Also the sauce can be made in advance and reheated when needed.
1st stage (Curry Base)
- can be made well in advance
1. Cut the onion and the tomato
into 1/4 s, chop the green pepper, ginger, and the garlic with a little coriander.
2. Put the above in a small sauce pan together with 4 tbsp oil, 1/2 tsp turmeric, salt and cup of warm water (around
200-250 ml) covered with lid.
3. Gently boil the vegetables until soft (approximately 15-20 mins) stirring occasionally. When cooked blitz with a blender to make into a smooth puree.
Final stage: (curry)
1. Heat the remaining oil in a sauce pan and then add the ready prepared curry base with Mr Huda’s Tikka Masala Curry Paste
and gently bring to boil (stirring regularly).
2. Add the chicken with a little warm water (around 125lml) and on full heat bring to boil and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the yogurt, sugar, almonds and cream and bring to boil and then leave to gently simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the required texture (add more water if you prefer more sauce or cook on higher heat slightly longer with lid semi opened for thicker sauce).
4. Once cooking is over add the butter, stir and leave to settle for 10-15 mins before serving.
Tips: If you require it to be a little milder simply add a little more yogurt and cream.
(If you have a nut allergy exclude adding the almonds)
500g boneless chicken (cut into small cubes),
2 tbsp. of Mr Huda’s Tikka Masala Curry Paste
1 medium onion,
8-10g of ginger (fresh or paste),
1-2 garlic cloves (fresh or paste),
1 fresh tomato or equivalent of tin tomato,
1/4 small green pepper,
6 tbsp of veg/olive oil.
1 tbsp (15ml) natural yoghurt,
1 1/2 tsp of white sugar or to taste,
125ml fresh single cream.
3-4 knobs of butter,
20 – 40g ground almond